Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Final class project

Click to enlarge. I had my last day of "Life Drawing" class today. Here is my final project that I turned in. We had to do a compositional piece based on a theme. I chose "Love" as my theme. My daughter Andrea was my model. I took a series of pictures and I liked the expression in this one. I had her pose as if holding a rose, and I added the rose afterwards. The drawing is done in color pencil on charcoal/pastel paper. The paper has a lot of texture, so I had to layer the color pencil to cover the black paper. You can still see some black come through the texture. I am very happy with how this turned out, and now am looking forward to working more with black paper. The feedback from the teacher and classmates was very positive.

No comments: