Sunday, October 9, 2011
Since the face is heavily shadowed on the right side of the face, it takes many layers and many more to come. Darkening with graphite is a time consuming process...unlike charcoal. I think it's really starting to take form. I'll continue to make corrections as I see them. The hairline looks high at this point, and will be brought down. My focus was to get the shadowing on the forehead correct.
Monday, September 19, 2011
I decided to post several update pictures instead of one. You can see the progression as more layers are added. The last picture shows some further details of the eyes. I have not included lashes at this point. I need to further deepen the shadowing on the right side.
Monday, August 29, 2011
Friday, August 5, 2011
Thursday, August 4, 2011
Friday, July 29, 2011
Click to enlarge. I've made a lot of progress on the hair and got a good start on the shirt. I will be adding more layers to the face, especially around the eyes also the hair. There is a glare showing on the left top section of the hair. I've left out some of the strands of hair on the forehead. I think we're getting closer to the finish line if there aren't too many changes.
Sunday, June 26, 2011
Monday, June 20, 2011
Friday, June 17, 2011
Monday, March 7, 2011
Here is the scan of the finished portrait. It has been a long process with this one with all the delays, holidays and having a full-time job. I must say that I'm happy to be done!
There were some challenges with subject 2, but I'm satisfied with the final result. Click the picture to enlarge.
Monday, February 28, 2011
Wednesday, February 2, 2011
Here's a status on the hair. I found it quite difficult given the resource pictures weren't quite right. The picture with the ideal hair was at the wrong angle and lighting, while the pictures with the right angle, the hair was either too short or too long.
Monday, January 17, 2011
Here's subject 2 with added layers and brows and lashes. I narrowed the face a bit on the left side and formed the ear more here. The face is close to being done, a little more layering. I will adjust the hairline and start working on the hair and shirt. I will reference some pics with the hair a bit longer.
Friday, January 14, 2011
I made further adjustments to the eyes. The upper eyelids needed to be a little bit more heavy.
The look will continue to change as I add more detail and lashes. I have also made adjustments to the details of the nose and mouth. I will look at the placement of the ear next and the chin.
Wednesday, January 12, 2011
Here is the start of subject 2. The drawing is still very rough and many adjustments will be made. I opened up the eyes a bit from the picture.
I have started to detail out the collar on subject 1. He is close to being finished unless changes are requested.
Sunday, January 9, 2011
I've added the hair and made it a bit longer as requested. I've continued the layers in the face and added small details such as the birth marks. The differences from the picture are: the face is left clean shaven vs. stubble, the hair is longer and the eyes are more open. I still need to detail the collar....then move on to the second subject.
Tuesday, January 4, 2011
The face is almost done. The eyelashes and further brow detail are now included. Extra layering is forming the details of the face and neck and ears. The shirt and hair will be next. I continue to make small adjustments as I find needed.